TS
Posted By
Tsugumi_Sakurabana
Jan 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I use Japanese text in photoshop all of the time. Now I have phothoshop 7, and it does not show up when I type it…though, when I click on the "hand" icon, it shows up as the layer name correctly. I went to the help file, and did everything it told me to do as far as typing in Asian texts (Chinese Japanese or Korean)…though, it seemed as nothing worked. Also, on one part where you can chose the "JIS Maximum" or medium, I can not change the option underneath that.

I hope that someone can help me…I need to be able to use Japanese with photoshop…and I don’t want to switch back to 6…

Thank you!!

Tsugumi

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
mcQbert
Jan 5, 2004
Photoshop CS works well with Japanese text input on Win XP. I’m not sure about Mac OS or Japanese Windows. No need to go back to 6 – you can move to CS if nothing else works! Since I went from 5 to CS I can’t offer any insight on 7’s text issues. Sorry no better help

~ M
TS
Tsugumi_Sakurabana
Jan 5, 2004
I use Windows 98, no XP…
Though I am familiar with Adobe and Photoshop, I am not sure what Photoshop CS is…^^;

Another thing that I just noticed today is that I have already use Japanese text in Photoshop 7…I realized that just now something have messed up, though I don’t know what it could be, since I didn’t mess with anything as far as preferences or settings go…until I noticed the problem…

I have been think that maybe I just ought to uninstall it, and then reinstall it…since I can’t seem to fix whatever problem it is…I still happy for any help…

Thanks!!

Tsugumi

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections