HELP! I cannot replicate what I just did with text! ARGH!

P
Posted By
Prov
Nov 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did some pretty cool text on a pic of mine. It had a "noisy" drop shadow filter on it. The text itself was yellow, but I added a gradiant map and somehow got the shadow of the text to turn red, while leaving the yellow alone. Now, I want to do it again, but I can’t figure out how I did it the first time! Don’t ya just hate that?
Anyhow, I’m stuck with black shadows until someone bails me out. PS- If you haven’t tried this with text, it really rocks! Thanks for the help.
Elements 2.0
windows XP home

-Dan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Prov
Nov 11, 2003
Ok…I did an "invert" adjustment layer…and got the shadows the same color as the text…getting closer, but not what Im after….I know someone has the right answer!
P
Prov
Nov 11, 2003
Man, I just couldn’t take it anymore. After frantic clicking, I finally figured it out. It was a gradiant map / dissolve which did the trick. SWEEEEET!
Carry on with your normal forum activities at this time. -Dan
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 11, 2003
Hi Dan, We are always looking for neat pictures and cool new ways of treating text, so when you have a real goodie like this, post it here so we can see it and learn.
Fun stuff!
Jane
P
Prov
Nov 11, 2003
We’ll I’d be more than happy to share. Could you tell me how to post a picture to the forum? -Dan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections