text in PS is very pixely…but not in pagemaker. why?

JT
Posted By
Jeff_Teachman
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Am working on a small project that involves the placement of a few logos against the backdrop of stars, however, when create a layer that has text in it, the text appears very pixely. When i create the same text in Pagemaker, it comes through crystal-clear. In fact, even some of the logos appear more pixely than usual in the Photoshop version (the logos appear kind of pixely in pagemaker, as well)

when i print out the result from photoshop, the pixelation is exactly the same as on-screen—-pixely text and logos on the photoshop printout, crisp text on the pagemaker printout.

the printer is a high-end Canon ColourPass Z40e.

Thank you for any tips on how i can print out a clean result straight from photoshop.

tom

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 20, 2004
Text in Photoshop (preserved as text layer) is only vector based if output to PostScript printer. Otherwise it is dependent on ppi of the file for clarity, like the rest of the pixel based image.

Text in PM is vector from the gitgo to any printer.

Mac
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 20, 2004
If you have a high enough resolution … 300 or more … then you will get as good a text printout in PS as in PM. (This is why your logos are pixelated in both programs … you are designing them at too small a resolution. Use 300 here too, or even better, use Adobe Illustrator for logos.)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections