Posted By
no
Nov 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Can anyone tell me (or maybe providing a link), how can I place text on a path? Is that possible in Photoshop? I assume it can be done, since PhotoImpact can do it (for $80).

I am not talking about the text wrap feature. That is similar, but it has only limited "built-in shapes" which will distort the text in that specific way.

I would like to create an ordinary freehand path and assign a text to it, so the text will curve whichever way the path is going.

Thanks,

Les

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Mr3
Nov 2, 2003
PhotoShop CS only

"Les" wrote in message
Hello,

Can anyone tell me (or maybe providing a link), how can I place text on a path? Is that possible in Photoshop? I assume it can be done, since PhotoImpact can do it (for $80).

I am not talking about the text wrap feature. That is similar, but it has only limited "built-in shapes" which will distort the text in that
specific
way.

I would like to create an ordinary freehand path and assign a text to it,
so
the text will curve whichever way the path is going.

Thanks,

Les

R
RTM
Nov 2, 2003
You can do it ‘by hand’, make each letter and rotate & place it manually. You can use third party plug-ins such as Extensis Photo Graphics. You can use a vector graphics program such as Corel Draw, which involves a simple "create text, create path, assign text to path" system —

Ron.

Les wrote in message
Hello,

I am not talking about the text wrap feature. That is similar, but it has only limited "built-in shapes" which will distort the text in that
specific
way.

I would like to create an ordinary freehand path and assign a text to it,
so
the text will curve whichever way the path is going.

Thanks,

Les

M
Mike
Nov 2, 2003
Or you could hire someone to do it for you.

":^) ®

in article wrote on
11/1/03 6:56 PM:

Hello,

I am not talking about the text wrap feature. That is similar, but it has only limited "built-in shapes" which will distort the text in that specific way.

I would like to create an ordinary freehand path and assign a text to it, so the text will curve whichever way the path is going.

Thanks,

Les

Mike

* Logo Design *
Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at: http://www.artistmike.com
MD
Mike Davis
Nov 2, 2003
Or you could use PSP8.
N
no
Nov 2, 2003
Or I could use PhotoImpact
MM
Michael Mishler
Nov 9, 2003
Or I could use PhotoImpact

….or you could use PhotoImpact

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections