Posted By
Pamturk
Nov 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have open a bmp picture.
It opens as follows: 72 dpi/ approv. 2.22 in x 1.67 in and shows 160 x 120 pixels. I want to enlarge it to 11 x 14 (approximately.) However I try to enlarge it it hows all the pixels. I want it to look just like it does small.

What should I do?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 11, 2003
What should I do?<

Give up?? That is way to much to interpolate an image and expect to get good results from it. Either rescan it or get a high resolution image from the author.

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 11, 2003
Find another picture.

Bob
S
SimRacer
Nov 11, 2003
wrote in message
I have open a bmp picture.
It opens as follows: 72 dpi/ approv. 2.22 in x 1.67 in and shows 160 x 120
pixels. I want to enlarge it to 11 x 14 (approximately.) However I try to enlarge it it hows all the pixels. I want it to look just like it does small.
What should I do?

Thanks

That is a little tiny image that was destined for web viewing (based on the 72dpi setting). You likely will get more of a cartoon at 11×14 than a usuable image IMHO. It *may* have been more possible had the image been saved in say 300dpi, but that small and at 72dpi, sadly I have to agree with the rest here and say that it will be impossible to get an acceptable upsize to even 8×10, much less 11×14.

For resizing though, just FYI, I find it best to enlarge a little bit at the time, 10% to be exact. Go to Edit->Image Size and change the drop downs below the ‘current size in pixels’ to percentages. Change the 100% to 110%. Do this as many times as necessary until the image is the proper output size for your taste. Doing this 10% at the time, for some reason, seems to leave a lot of image detail and clarity in place over say upsizing all at once from medium/small images to a larger one destined for print. I made this One-Shot-110% upsize into an action and assigned it to an F key. Now I can simply F key up to the size I need with every image I need to enlarge without having to repeat all those keystrokes every single time. This trick seems to work on most all images provided that they start out with enough information. It certainly works when I am upsizing my 3008×2000 RAW/NEF images from my DSLR camera. I cannot guarantee any sort of success with it when it comes to icon sized, low rez images like you are trying to upsize.

Good luck.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections