P
Posted By
patrick
Nov 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot scan to any folder on my computer because they all have a Read-Only attribute.

When I right click on the folder name>Properties>Read-Only box>Apply, the check mark is removed from the attribute box. However, when I then click on OK and reopen the folder, the Read-Only box is checked again! The individual files do not display the Read-Only check, only the folders and their subfolders.

My HP S20 scanner refuses to save a scan to any of the folders and reports the error message that the folder is Read-Only.

I’m using Windows XP with SP2 and have experienced no problems before this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! . . . . patrick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hecate
Nov 14, 2004
On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 01:36:24 GMT, "patrick" wrote:

I cannot scan to any folder on my computer because they all have a Read-Only attribute.

When I right click on the folder name>Properties>Read-Only box>Apply, the check mark is removed from the attribute box. However, when I then click on OK and reopen the folder, the Read-Only box is checked again! The individual files do not display the Read-Only check, only the folders and their subfolders.

My HP S20 scanner refuses to save a scan to any of the folders and reports the error message that the folder is Read-Only.

I’m using Windows XP with SP2 and have experienced no problems before this.
Any suggestions?

Thanks! . . . . patrick
I hope you have all your data backed up…

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections