AM
Posted By
Anna_Marie_Langley
Oct 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well, I finally bit the bullet after hearing Chuck did it, and I bought WinXP. Loaded it over Win98SE after computer tech told me did not have to do clean install. Thought all was fine, but got a report that it would not be able to run my version of ScanWizard Pro TX for Microtek Artixscan dedicated 35mm film scanner. Went to Microtek site and downloaded the WinXP drivers for it, installed them, and brought up PSE2. It didn’t even show SWP, so I remembered to delete preferences and rebooted. SWP appeared but now says it can’t find scanner.Have tried disconnecting scanner cable from tower, powering up scanner, restarting computer then connecting cable-No Luck. Tried turning off scanner and turning back on after reboot of computer- No Luck.

OKAY, I know we have computer knowledgeable folks out there who can help me now while I’m waiting the days required before Microtek gets back to me HELP !!!

I’m running WinXP on AMD Athlon 2000, 512 mg RAM, Epson 825 printer, Microtek Artixscan 4000t dedicated 35mm film scanner.
Anna Marie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 22, 2003
I’m not positive, but I think it’s possible that since Elements was installed before the correct drivers for the scanner that Elements doesn’t know it’s there. Try uninstalling Elements and reinstalling. Give it a chance to "discover" that scanner. I ran into a similar problem a few months ago when I was making some changes on my system. I got Elements on before the scanner, and I wound up having to give Elements another shot at assessing the toys available.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections