RH
Posted By
Rhys_Hocking
Oct 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
At home the only version of PS I got is 5.5 (I use 6 at work). I need to do some work at home but Ive run into a few problems cos I aint used it in ages!

The biggest being when I create a layer (being a scanned in image or text etc) there aint no selection around it, even though its highlighted in the layers palete? This means I cant select a corner of the layer to re-size it or nowt!

Wots going on? How can I get the selection thingy back?

I hope this makes sense!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 30, 2003
You can’t transform a background layer. Double click it in the layers pallete and it will be magically turned into a regular layer. You can rename it or accept the default name.

Bob
O
Ol__Whozit
Oct 30, 2003
Rhys, if you are still in school, you really need to work on your English, gads it’s horrid, and will be a definite detriment to your future success in any field of endeavor you approach.

You don’t "got" nothing, because, like "ain’t," such really poor grammar gives others the appearance that "you gots no brains"…

A lot of people will say it doesn’t really matter, but if you really stop and think about it, successful people communicate well…except for gangsta rappers, and they don’t really do much with Photoshop.
G
graffiti
Oct 30, 2003
This english lesson sponsored by Reebok. The shoes pro athletes ain’t be choosin because they into the Nike’s.
RH
Rhys_Hocking
Oct 31, 2003
Ol’Whozit, you can kiss my ass. I aint at school and dissin my English just aint called for, Im typing like Im speaking thats it. If people think I aint got no brains, who the fuck cares?

It aint made no diffence to my career yet – Im employed for my design skillz and when ‘the Queens English’ must be used, I use it. Is that OK?

Back to my problem, Bob I dont mean a background layer. You know when you wanna rotate an image (being layer 1 for instance) you go the corner of the layer (the little square) your cursor becomes the rotate icon and you rotate your image. I aint got those little squares or the dots that join them up! Where they gone?
KZ
Ken_Zo
Oct 31, 2003
Rhys, what happens when you select a layer and press Ctrl – T (free transform) or select this from the edit menu?

Do you then still dont see them?
RL
Robert_Levine
Oct 31, 2003
Perhaps that layer extends beyond the viewable area on the screen. Change the zoom to something real small like 5% and try it again.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections