AA
Posted By
Aaron_Atteberry
Apr 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ive made a shape – not using paths – and cant figure out how to save it as a custom shape. Can I w/o using paths? How?
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 18, 2004
I don’t know much about it, but I can choose custom shape tool…use tools in top option pallete, say the pen, draw something, then Edit/Define Custom shape. And it adds it to the current custom shape group.

Maybe you’re just not in custom shape menu to begin with?

Mac
N
norm
Apr 18, 2004
Aaron, depending on what you have already, you can make a selection of what you have on a layer, go to the paths palette and click on make path at the bottom (4th icon from the left), then go to Edit>define custom shape down the list.

wrote in message
I don’t know much about it, but I can choose custom shape tool…use tools in top option pallete, say the pen, draw something, then Edit/Define Custom shape. And it adds it to the current custom shape group.

Maybe you’re just not in custom shape menu to begin with?
Mac
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Apr 18, 2004
If you can select your shape, you can then save that selection into its own file. You can then load it into any other image. This won’t actually be what Pshop calls a "Shape Layer", which is vector, but it will work in a similar fashion. You can turn a selection into a path in the Paths palette, but the results are quite ‘iffy’. It would be better to trace it manually with the Pen tool.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 18, 2004
Phosphor "*VECTORIZE – A Quick Tutorial" 4/16/04 1:17pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/14>

Check out this action.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections