P
Posted By
pixmaker
Sep 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For some time, I’ve been making small images on my HP 932C printer (A-size prints). To avoid problems and to try for as much consistency as possible, I use the same inks and the same paper for everything. My monitor is calibrated with a Spyder (Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB) and what I see on the screen is very close to what I get from the printer for the most part.

When I make curves adjustments in Adobe RGB, the results from this li’l printer are remarkably close to WYSIWYG.

Did I just "luck out"? Or is the system so forgiving that I’m simply getting the normal results?

Is it possible to obtain a printer profile for this simple setup? Is PS automatically selecting a suitable profile that’s stored somewhere in the program?

I’m learning and ready to move on to the next level of sophistication regarding color management by I have some problems getting some of the stuff straightened out in my brain.

Where, for example, are the printer profiles, if any, stored/selected in PS 7.0?

Many thanks for some clarification.

Pixmaker in FLL
==========================
It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity!
==========================
(..Think the humidity’s bad?
You should watch us vote!)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections