Posted By
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Mark,

I checked HP’s site and my 5650 is very similar to your 6540 so maybe my settings will at least give you a starting point.

(I’m assuming that you get different results on the SAME picture when you print from Elements and HP’s software.)

In Editor before opening the file go to Edit, Color Settings and select Limited Color Management (you only have to do this once).

Open the file and make whatever corrections you want.

Go to File, Page Setup, Printer, Properties and make your choices of paper, quality, etc being sure that Color Space is set to sRGB.

Go to File, Print and in Print Preview check Show More Options. Under Color Management be sure the Source Space is shown as "sRGB-IEC61966-2.1" not "untagged RGB". Set Print Space to "Printer Color Management" from the drop down list.

Notes:

"Printer Color Management" is not an option when printing from the Organizer so you might try Same as Source there.

If "untagged RGB" shows up in Source Space it probably means that you have set Edit, Preferences, Saving Files to "Ignore Camera Data (EXIF)profiles". Both my Olympus cameras get better results if I do this. What I have to do is save my picture being sure that I put a check in the ICC Profile box (and that I don’t overwrite my original). Then I have to close that file and reopen it to get the correct Source Space for printing.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections