JW
Posted By
Jerry_Weisman
Apr 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Cannot get borderless 4×6 prints with PSE 20. No problem with PS Album 2.0! I get perfect borderless prints every time. Problem is I prefer editing capabilities in Elements. At Adobe’s suggestion, downloaded latest HP drivers with no change in results. Any suggestions for a frustrated Elements user would be greatly appreciatged.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 24, 2004
Did you choose the right paper format & printer in the page setup dialog box?

Also, what are the dimensions and the resolution of your image? Post some details and we’ll be able to help you.

Ray
S
silvergc
Apr 24, 2004
I had the same problem when I first started using PSE 2.0. Here’s the fix:

either select "Print" or "Print Preview" from Print select the "Properties" button
Select the "Layout" tab in the properties window Select "Borderless Printing"
Select the paper size and type and then "OK" out of all the windows

or from the Print Preview select "Page Setup"
Select the "Printer…" button
perform the steps listed above as if you had originally selected "Print"

This works for both Windows 2000 and Windows XP. If you select the paper size from the "Page Setup"
window, things don’t work quite right. The prints don’t fill the paper correctly and you can get dark banding.

Rich
wrote in message
Cannot get borderless 4×6 prints with PSE 20. No problem with PS Album

2.0! I get perfect borderless prints every time. Problem is I prefer editing
capabilities in Elements. At Adobe’s suggestion, downloaded latest HP drivers with no change in results. Any suggestions for a frustrated Elements user would be greatly appreciatged.
JW
Jerry_Weisman
Apr 25, 2004
I have my Image Size set at 4"X 6" with a resolution of 300 pixels/inch. The image size, as shown in the lower left portion of my monitor is 8.889"X6.667". The box to the left of the image size (lower left) reads 33.33%. All the setttins as to paper size and type are checked — I use 4×6 (with tab) HP premium photo paper and select borderless printing in the dialogue box. I’ve tried several times with Adobe’s tech support but they have not been any help.

Thanks

Jerry
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 25, 2004
What platform and operating system are you using Jerry?
JW
Jerry_Weisman
Apr 26, 2004
Hi Beth — I am using Windows XP-Home — not sure what you mean by "Platform"

Jerry
RN
Richard_Nuth
Apr 28, 2004
Jerry,

What are the symptoms of the problem? I had a problem with the 7550 and borderless 4×6 printing also (got banding at start of photo and didn’t fill the 4×6 area). I stumbled accross the fix quite by accident. I’m at work right now, but I’ll check my system out when I get home and give you some more information.

Rich
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 28, 2004
Jerry, "platform" describes whether the system you’re using is Windows or Mac. Usually we can tell by the operating system, but you hadn’t given that info in the first post, either, so I just asked for both. Some people don’t know which OS they use. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections