RN
Posted By
Richard_Nuth
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using PE 2.0 to print 4×6 borderless photos I get a 1/8" white stripe on the left and a darker band about 1/2" in on the actual image. The images print just fine with the HP imaging software, an older version of Photoshop LE and Photosuite. Has anybody been able to get the borderless printing to work within PE?

System: Windows 2000 Pro
Printer: HP Photosmart 7550

Print settings: Borderless Photo 4 x 6 in. (with tab)

Photo is cropped to 4×6.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JW
JP White
Dec 30, 2003
wrote:

When using PE 2.0 to print 4×6 borderless photos I get a 1/8" white stripe on the left and a darker band about 1/2" in on the actual image. The images print just fine with the HP imaging software, an older version of Photoshop LE and Photosuite. Has anybody been able to get the borderless printing to work within PE?

System: Windows 2000 Pro Printer: HP Photosmart 7550

Print settings: Borderless Photo 4 x 6 in. (with tab)

Photo is cropped to 4×6.

I have some Kodak 4×6 photo paper and came across the same problem. I measured the paper and it’s a little wider than 6 inches (6 1/2" to be exact)!! Photoshop will crop the picture exactly as you tell it too which may not match the actual paper dimensions.

JP
BB
brent_bertram
Dec 30, 2003
Richard,
Borderless works correctly with my Epson 890, if that’s any help to you . There are "issues" , however. With the Epson, the image seems slightly enlarged and the edges are "fudged" just a little in getting the borderless effect. It’s easy to notice if your image is a very uniform, busy pattern . My preference , frankly, is to print images on either quarter sheets , half sheets , or full sheets of paper and trim them with a paper cutter .

Perhaps you’ll get some feedback from someone with the same family HP printer, and get more specific advice.

🙂

Brent
RN
Richard_Nuth
Dec 31, 2003
Well, I solved the problem. There are 2 ways to select the 4×6 borderless paper from the printer control. One is to actually select the 4×6 (with tab). The second way is to select photo printing and select 4×6 from there. The second approach works, but not the first. Who would’ve thought?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections