I
Posted By
iskender
Oct 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to create an image (with text only) that is trimmed around the text. I have put the text onto a transparent background and trimmed it -but of course when I save as jpg I get the text within a white rectangle that sits closely around the text, but doesnt follow the form of the text. I have achieved the effect I want a while ago but cant remember how I did this!! Can anybody give me any tips.
Thanks Isk

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Oct 7, 2003
I’ll assume this is for web work.

JPEG’s don’t support transparency.

You’ll need to save it as a GIF. Experiment with different modes in Save For Web or ImageReady. Perceptual, Selective, Adaptive…they can often give you pretty smooth JPEG-like color, depending on the image. Also, choose a matte color that most closely matches the background you intend to drop the GIF image onto.
ED
Emma_d_Anise
Oct 7, 2003
And make sure you have "Transparency" checked in the "Save for Web" dialog.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections