RM
Posted By
Ryan_Matthews
Jun 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem where my text always comes out looking "pixely" and jagged in photoshop.

I’ve tried saving my text image as both as gif and a jpg but neither seem to help. Is there any sort of "smoothing" technique I can apply to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Majicman17
Jun 30, 2004
What are you using the image for? Ideally you want to use vector text (ps 6+). Gif and Jpeg do not support vector output. If you are printing, make sure your resolution is high (300 dpi). For the best vector support, you should switch to Illustrator.

Seth

wrote in message
I have a problem where my text always comes out looking "pixely" and
jagged in photoshop.
I’ve tried saving my text image as both as gif and a jpg but neither seem
to help. Is there any sort of "smoothing" technique I can apply to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

-Ryan
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 30, 2004
majik, please turn off your newsreader autoquote. only manually quote specifics that you need to address.

thanks, the natives. 🙂
RM
Ryan_Matthews
Jul 7, 2004
Thanks for the help on this issue so far but I’m afraid that didn’t quite work. I’m willing to save it into any text format but it will be for display on the web, not print. Here’s an example of the "jagged" look I created that I was referring to: <http://s104441744.onlinehome.us/images/logo_mailinglist.gif>

Any other ideas?

thanks again.

-Ryan
JB
Jonathan_Balza
Jul 7, 2004
That is the antialiasing setting on the text. You’ll find that option in the options bar, usually on the top of the workspace. Make sure it isn’t set to "none". There’s a few other options, like crisp, smooth, strong… Pick whichever one works best for you in that case.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections