R
Posted By
revilo
Oct 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im finding that when I use the healing brush.. it leaves a blotchy area running in a line at across my screen @ certain intervals throughtout my image – any help

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 3, 2003
Well, that could be user error, or it could be a problem with your system (RAM or CPU).
R
revilo
Oct 6, 2003
well is not user error. This is a definite pattern and appears regardless of where I clone. Exactly how does problems with my RAM or CPU affect the healing brush !? And Chris – Are you in NZ by any chance? (play a bit of music?;).
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Oct 6, 2003
Revilo,

What you’re seeing might be video artifacts due to some video driver issue. I’m not sure how to fix it other than searching for an updated driver. To determine if the pattern is part of the image or the display, try selecting the F5 key with your cursor in the desktop area to perform a screen refresh. If the pattern clears up, then it is a display issue and not any actual "damage" to the image.

Regards,

Daryl
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 6, 2003
Nope, I’m in San Jose, CA.

And problems with RAM or the CPU can cause artifacts in just about anything in Photoshop….

We need more information.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections