Posted By
davidburkholder
May 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Everyone,

I have a question here. I have searched the forums and can’t seem to find relevant info. Here is my problem description.

Windows XP Home. Dell Dimension 8200 P4 2.4 ghz 1 gig RAM

I am using Photoshop CS and fell in love with the file browser improvements of CS over v.7. When I first installed CS, the file browser worked very fast.

Recently, however, when I open Photoshop, the File Browser opens very slowly. And as it is opening, I see 4 additional icons in the task bar. The icons are beside the Photoshop icon, and they have no name. Selecting them does nothing.

Also, if I close Photoshop with the File Browser open, when I relaunch Photoshop, the File Browser will open automatically. This I don’t always want.

Okay, now photoshop is open and the File Browser has been opened for the first time. Now ever after that till I close out of PHotoshop, the File Browser will open rapidly. When I close out and relaunch it is deja vu all over again. (slow File Browser)

I don’t allow background processing or high quality previews in my preferences.

I tried deleting my preferences file. When I do that and lauch PS for the first time, the File Browser opens rapidly. Then I close PS and relaunch, and again, the File Browser opens very slowly.

So I re-delete my preferences file and relaunch PS. Boom!!! The File Browser pops right open the first time. close PS & relaunch — same old same old slow problem.

So I am very puzzled. I hope someone has some ideas for me. I hope I have described my problem well enough.

TIA,

Dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 3, 2004
bump, interesting… any other details? what’s in the folder that the browser is pointing to? could be something corrupt in there?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections