PW
Posted By
Pat Weaver
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
looking for an action to add a white border and a drop shadow to photos so I can then place them on an album page. TIA.
Pat

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

IT
Into The Void
Nov 16, 2003
How much are you willing to pay for that?

in article , Pat Weaver at
wrote on 11/15/03 10:40 PM:

looking for an action to add a white border and a drop shadow to photos so I can then place them on an album page. TIA.
Pat
W
wes
Nov 16, 2003
Here is one way:

Drag out a rectangular marquee with the marquee tool, the size of the image (or hit Ctrl A to select all).
Add new layer by clicking on new layer icon on bottom of layer palette. Edit>Stroke with white set at the size you want (play around with this) and choose Inner for the stroke.
Make sure white (or whatever color you want for the background) is set as the background color. Increase the canvas size: Image>Canvas Size, check relative and type in the height and width dimensions you want, say .5 inches or so.
With the stroked border layer selected, click on the Add a Layer Style button at the bottom of the palette and choose drop shadow. Play around with the shadow to get it to where you want it.
Practice the above first, then make an action:
Open the actions palette.
In the upper right corner click on the small triangle and from the menu select New Action. Give it a name color or short cut if you wish and hit OK. Do each of the things we just did above. When you are finished, turn off the action by hitting the small square at the bottom of the actions palette.

"Pat Weaver" wrote in message
Pat
Nov 16, 2003
Pat Weaver wrote in
news::

Pat

Enlarge the "canvas size" 1cm around image, select white border with "magic wand" @ 0 tolerance. Select "inverse">new layer via cut, use blending options for new layer. Add stroke to outside of background.

—-== Posted via Newsfeed.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups —= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers – Total Privacy via Encryption =—

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections