other than white for drop shadow effects?

I
Posted By
ieee488
May 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In PSE1, is there a way to have the Drop Shadow Frame Effects create other than a white background?

Thanks.

Linda

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi_Frye
May 2, 2004
No but just do it manually…..

instead of using the filter… first thing to do is go to toolbar>image>resize>canvas size. Extend your canvas to desired amount …click ok. With layers palette open>create a new layer>drag that new layer below your image so that it’s on the bottom> fill it with your desired color. Select your image above and go to layer styles>drop shadows…this particular one would be ‘high’. You can double click cursive ‘ f ‘ on that paticular layer in palette after you apply the style and a pop up window will appear that gives you the option to re-arrange your shadow. I use my cursor to move the shadow manually. Anyways, try it and see if this works for you.
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 2, 2004
OOPS…First thing you need to do when you bring your image into the program is double click on the image in layers palette…this will change it from a ‘background’ layer to an ‘editable’ layer…default is layer 0…that’s fine…just click OK…then proceed with above steps…
I
ieee488
May 4, 2004
Hi, Jodi,

I don’t think that works for PSE1. 🙁
unless I’m doing something wrong.

Drop Shadows is not one of the choices for Layer Style.

But thank you anyway.

Linda
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 4, 2004
Linda, Jodi’s using PE 1.
BH
Beth_Haney
May 4, 2004
I just tried it on PSE 1, and it works. Are you sure you’re looking under Layer STYLES for the Drop Shadow effect?
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
Linda, in PE1 go to toolbar under ‘window’ and click on ‘show layer styles’. When the layer style palette appears click on the little arrow in the tab in top left corner for layer style options. Let me know how you make out.
I
ieee488
May 4, 2004
Ah, I get it now. Thanks so much!

I thought I had tried that before but nothing happened. But I hadn’t increased the canvas size so I couldn’t see the effect.
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
yes, that is in the ‘layers palette’ but there is also a ‘layer styles’ palette. As I said earlier, if it isn’t showing on your screen go to toolbar>window>show layer styles…OR click ‘reset palette locations’ and then you will find the layer styles tab on the layers palette. Let me know..
JF
Jodi_Frye
May 4, 2004
OOPs, sorry, you replied before this last one got posted. Glad it worked out for you ! Please come back if you need more help with anything.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections