CD
Posted By
Chris_Depto
Sep 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am working on several photos for a catalog in which the photographer has taken photos of the shoes on a white background with just a nice slight drop shadow. I didn’t want to create a clipping file because I wanted to keep the natural shadow. When in photoshop the background is not perfectly white so it shows when bringing into a white page in InDesign. I tried adjusting levels in Photoshop but by the time I get the backgrd to read 0 the shadow almost disappears. I tried just selecting the backgrd and leaving the shadow unchanged but any selection makes the edges of the shadow unnatural. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks Chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Sep 8, 2006
select the white BG with magic wand etc including the shadow.

Make a levels Adjustment Layer. This will automatically have a layer mas based on the selection, sho when you lighten the background the subject will be unaffected.

Now take a soft brush at about 30% opacity and on the layer mask, "paint" the shadow back to the density required.
CD
Chris_Depto
Sep 9, 2006
Brilliant Chris J your a genius!!
It worked beautifully. Thanks a million, I have quite a few to complete in the next two days and you have saved me much time.
Chris D

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections