JS
Posted By
Jim Satterfield
Nov 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem with items for the web. I create an image with a transparent background. I’ve done this with characters and a navigation button I created and have the same problem, which is a thin white border around the image. It surrounds the button and each letter in a file created for a header. I want to be able to create an image that is usable no matter what the background instead of what I did for the text that is my title, which is use the same image I’m using for the page background for the background of the Photoshop image.

The process I used is as follows. I create the image in Photoshop then convert it to 8 bit RGB to edit in Imageready. From there I save it as an optimized gif file. This process is the same in both instances but more important for the buttons since they have rollover effects associated with them.

I’d appreciate any suggestions.

Jim

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
smiley
Nov 15, 2004
Jim,
I am not an expert, but this is how I do it:
have a look, if you turned on the Anti-alias checkbox when you make a selection outline while creating your images, and for the text as well. When you save, expand the background view and choose matte > take your background color or somthing that comes near it. That should fix the white border, but in case you want to put the image against another background you have to adjust the matte color again.

Chris
M
Maoru
Nov 16, 2004
yeah
the problem is because the edges of your image are soft edges, so there is a little off-white that you’re not deleting when you make the image transparent, but in photoshop those pixels will only be like 60% transparent for example.

"Jim Satterfield" wrote in message
I am having a problem with items for the web. I create an image with a transparent background. I’ve done this with characters and a navigation button I created and have the same problem, which is a thin white border around the image. It surrounds the button and each letter in a file created
for a header. I want to be able to create an image that is usable no matter
what the background instead of what I did for the text that is my title, which is use the same image I’m using for the page background for the background of the Photoshop image.

The process I used is as follows. I create the image in Photoshop then convert it to 8 bit RGB to edit in Imageready. From there I save it as an optimized gif file. This process is the same in both instances but more important for the buttons since they have rollover effects associated with them.

I’d appreciate any suggestions.

Jim

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections