Print Abrasions

Posted By
Nov 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m printing on an Epson 2200 and Espon paper. As careful as I am, I will get some scratches and abrasions. I let my prints dry overnight before matting, but the slightest mishandling will ding them. I’ve thought about using a hair dryer to hasten the drying process and perhaps harden the ink somewhat, but I’m not sure about the physics of that. I don’t want to use any spray over the image because I’ve had bad results with that. If you aren’t absolutely even in the spraying, it looks blotchy. Any hints out there or sight that I haven’t been able to find?
TIA
Robert at:

—-== Posted via Newsfeed.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups —= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers – Total Privacy via Encryption =—

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
n8 skow
Nov 13, 2003
Are you using the glossy paper?
Framing your pics under glass would probably be the safest option…

n8

I’m printing on an Epson 2200 and Espon paper. As careful as I am, I will get some scratches and abrasions. I let my prints dry overnight before matting, but the slightest mishandling will ding them. I’ve
thought
about using a hair dryer to hasten the drying process and perhaps harden the ink somewhat, but I’m not sure about the physics of that. I don’t
want
to use any spray over the image because I’ve had bad results with that.
If
you aren’t absolutely even in the spraying, it looks blotchy. Any hints out there or sight that I haven’t been able to find?
TIA
Robert at:

—-== Posted via Newsfeed.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
News==—-
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
Newsgroups
—= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers – Total Privacy via Encryption
=—
Nov 13, 2003
"n8 skow" wrote in
news:7kDsb.799$:

Are you using the glossy paper?
Framing your pics under glass would probably be the safest option…
n8

I’m printing on an Epson 2200 and Espon paper. As careful as I am, I will get some scratches and abrasions. I let my prints dry overnight before matting, but the slightest mishandling will ding them. I’ve
thought
about using a hair dryer to hasten the drying process and perhaps harden the ink somewhat, but I’m not sure about the physics of that. I don’t
want
to use any spray over the image because I’ve had bad results with that.
If
you aren’t absolutely even in the spraying, it looks blotchy. Any hints out there or sight that I haven’t been able to find? TIA
Robert at:
I guess I should have given more details. My largest prints are on 13×19 Epson semi-gloss. I matte and frame under glass. The problem occurs if I am not careful. That is MY problem. I am printing a lot for my first show in December. Sometimes, when I am not careful, something (a mat board, for example) may get set on top of an unmatted print, or it gets flipped face down on the table I end up with abrasions or "marks" on the ink. They may not be noticable to the average person, but if I can see them, they are rejected. This would not be unlike the emulsion on film which I know needs to be protected from rough handling. My question is about any treatment or process that might lessen the occurance of scrathing, over and above the careful handling procedures. My guess is, probably not, but i never hurts to ask the vast audience of experience out there in the world. Thanks for your replies and maybe I’ve spurred someone toward a solution.
Robert

—-== Posted via Newsfeed.Com – Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups —= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers – Total Privacy via Encryption =—

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections