KB
Posted By
Kyle_Bateman
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop 7.0 and am taking product photos to be used in a document made in Pagemaker. I drop out the background and the photo resides on a trasparent background. I save it as a TIFF file and when I place it in the new document on a colored surface, a white background appears? I want the background of the picture to take the color of the pagemaker document. Any help would be awesome!!

TIA

Kyle

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Feb 27, 2004
Kyle,

When you save as Tiff, are you saving layers and transparency from the Save As dialog?
JS
John_Slate
Feb 27, 2004
Does Pagemaker support transparency, or does he need to make a clipping path?
JS
John_Slate
Feb 27, 2004
KB
Kyle_Bateman
Feb 27, 2004
What is a clipping path??

Kyle
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 27, 2004
A clipping path is simply a path you draw around the objects you want visible. When you save the file with the path, everything else is clipped out.

Check the manual or the help for details on how to do it. If you’ve got a lot of this, you might want to consider InDesign instead of Pagemaker for the document. It supports transparency in TIFF and PSD files.

Bob
JS
John_Slate
Feb 27, 2004
or you can follow the link in #3, where you’ll find other links that will help you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections