R
Posted By
rdoc2
Aug 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a canon i960 printer that has been a good printer but it is going bad so I am looking for a new one. I believe the print head is clogged and the canon cleaning process didn’t help. What printer in the canon line has replaced this printer? What printer can you suggest for $200.00 or less and an inkjet? I use it strictly for printing pictures. Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Roberto
Aug 25, 2007
"Gary F. Pitel" wrote in message
I have a canon i960 printer that has been a good printer but it is going bad so I am looking for a new one. I believe the print head is clogged and the canon cleaning process didn’t help. What printer in the canon line has replaced this printer? What printer can you suggest for $200.00 or less and an inkjet? I use it strictly for printing pictures. Thanks

Try taking a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and brushing this over the print heads. Allow it to sit for a minute and then try a head cleaning. In the past I have had good luck doing this. You may need to swab it a couple of times. If this doesn’t work I have also done this with WD40.

Somebody!
V
Voivod
Aug 25, 2007
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:29:39 -0400, "Gary F. Pitel" scribbled:

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to buy new heads?
R
rdoc2
Aug 25, 2007
Somebody wrote:

Try taking a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and brushing this over the print heads. Allow it to sit for a minute and then try a head cleaning. In the past I have had good luck doing this. You may need to swab it a couple of times. If this doesn’t work I have also done this with WD40.
Somebody!
The problem is you can’t get to the print heads you can only get to a screen above them. Someone said I can put the head (6 nozzles) in boiling water?
R
rdoc2
Aug 25, 2007
Voivod wrote:

Yes but I can buy a printer for $20.00 more. I am afraid that if I spend $70.00 for the print head and that doesn’t fix the problem than I threw that money away since the print head is not returnable.
TC
tony cooper
Aug 25, 2007
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:32:15 -0400, "Gary F. Pitel" wrote:

Voivod wrote:

Yes but I can buy a printer for $20.00 more. I am afraid that if I spend $70.00 for the print head and that doesn’t fix the problem than I threw that money away since the print head is not returnable.

I’m using an Epson printer that cost me something like $15.00 after in-store discount and rebates. The problem is that I no longer has use for about $60 in ink cartridges for the old Epson printer. I’m sure Epson isn’t the only one playing this game, but every new model printer takes a new configuration of ink cartridges. Same ink; new container.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
R
Roberto
Aug 26, 2007
"Voivod" wrote in message

Not unless you are talking about an expensive high end printer. This one is not. Consumer printers have gotten to the point that repair costs more than a new printer. I have even seen a couple of times that buying a new printer was even cheaper than buying a set of ink cartridges.

The best you can do is try to get what you have to work and if that doesn’t do it then junk it and get a new one. That is why I suggested the rubbing alcohol and WD40.

Somebody!
R
Roberto
Aug 26, 2007
"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 00:32:15 -0400, "Gary F. Pitel" wrote:

Voivod wrote:

I have a canon i960 printer that has been a good printer but it is going
bad so I am looking for a new one. I believe the print head is clogged and the canon cleaning process didn’t help. What printer in the canon line has replaced this printer? What printer can you suggest for $200.00 or less and an inkjet? I use it strictly for printing pictures. Thanks

I’m using an Epson printer that cost me something like $15.00 after in-store discount and rebates. The problem is that I no longer has use for about $60 in ink cartridges for the old Epson printer. I’m sure Epson isn’t the only one playing this game, but every new model printer takes a new configuration of ink cartridges. Same ink; new container.

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

That is so true. But I also have to believe that sometimes that new contain has improvements or bug fixes. Not all the time, but every once in awhile.

This is a disposable world. It sickens me, but until something is done to stop companies from making and selling what is basically junk out of the box the days of repairing things for the most part are over. Now we just have to deal with all of the waste and trash this generates.

Somebody!
R
Roberto
Aug 26, 2007
Somebody wrote:

Somebody!
The problem is you can’t get to the print heads you can only get to a screen above them. Someone said I can put the head (6 nozzles) in boiling water?

Try unscrewing it so you can lift it up. Not unhook any cables or tubes.

Somebody!
V
Voivod
Aug 26, 2007
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 17:17:00 -0700, "Somebody" scribbled:

Not unless you are talking about an expensive high end printer. This one is not. Consumer printers have gotten to the point that repair costs more than a new printer. I have even seen a couple of times that buying a new printer was even cheaper than buying a set of ink cartridges.

The same, or equivalent, model of laser printer I have goes on sale for usually $10 more than a replacement (new, not reman’d) toner cartridge.

The best you can do is try to get what you have to work and if that doesn’t do it then junk it and get a new one. That is why I suggested the rubbing alcohol and WD40.

Our society is too disposable….
T
Talker
Aug 28, 2007
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 17:17:00 -0700, "Somebody" wrote:

Somebody!

If you want to try to fix the clogged nozzles, then go here MaxPatchInk.com

They have an Epson Print Head Solution Kit. It contains a hypodermic needle, and a special cleaning solution. The instructions explain two methods that should clean the head.
I have the kit, but have never used it. I bought it in case I need to clean the heads. I’d rather have the kit on hand, than have to wait for it in the mail.
Hope this helps…

Talker

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections