M
Posted By
Mick
Aug 13, 2012
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop problem with new install in Zoostorm Computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I first installed Photoshop 7 only from the installation disc, before I always installed it as recommended setting that install both Photoshop 7 and Image Ready as well.

On opening Photoshop, there is strange behaviour!

With a photo file open, if I select the Text button from the left hand tools selection, the text is on

Courier (Ti) I cannot change it, nor can I type text as that then highlight it and then select another font?

With text and some other tools instead of there being one tool on the pointer of the mouse there are three.

I cannot close the photo file by clicking on the X in the red box, only by pressing Ctrl and W

I did then uninstall Photoshop and install it as the default option but it is still the same!

It is installed at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Photoshop.exe

I have tried running it in compatible mode for XP with Service Pack 3, which makes no difference.

Is there a general "reset" thing I can try?

Could there be something else on the computer causing this?

Mick.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
Mick
Aug 14, 2012
"Mick" wrote in message
Photoshop problem with new install in Zoostorm Computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I first installed Photoshop 7 only from the installation disc, before I always installed it as recommended setting that install both Photoshop 7 and Image Ready as well.

On opening Photoshop, there is strange behaviour!

With a photo file open, if I select the Text button from the left hand tools selection, the text is on

Courier (Ti) I cannot change it, nor can I type text as that then highlight it and then select another font?

With text and some other tools instead of there being one tool on the pointer of the mouse there are three.

I cannot close the photo file by clicking on the X in the red box, only by pressing Ctrl and W

I did then uninstall Photoshop and install it as the default option but it is still the same!

It is installed at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop
7.0\Photoshop.exe

I have tried running it in compatible mode for XP with Service Pack 3, which makes no difference.

Is there a general "reset" thing I can try?

Could there be something else on the computer causing this?
Mick.

Hi all,

As the new computer just had on board graphics, I got an Asus HD 6450 and now Photoshop is performing as it did before in previous computers.

Mick.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections