Posted By
Richard_k_Mosher
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Trying to get Photoshop CS2 Help/Updates Working

I am using Windows XP and service pack 2, Amount of installed RAM 768 Amount of free disk space. 60.0GB Have Adobe PhotoShop CS 8.0 Witch is running fine, I just installed PS CS2 Upgrade from the CD Which is Registered, 2 problems 1st one I go to Help/Updates trying to connect to the internet for updates in Photoshop CS2 a dialog box comes up saying, (No connection please check your internet settings and/or firewall Waiting for Connection), But my Internet connection is working just fine, The Registration and Activation buttons are grayed out.

2en problem when I minimize ImageReady & Photoshop down to the task bar and then try to bring PS CS2 back up it doesn’t! move but if I right click and click on Restore or maximize it comes up and when I click on ImageReady it works fine can any one help me?
Thank you,
Dick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
No-One
May 25, 2005
Go here: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330621.html for an answer to your first question.

Hope this helps.

JJS

wrote:
Trying to get Photoshop CS2 Help/Updates Working

I am using Windows XP and service pack 2, Amount of installed RAM 768 Amount of free disk space. 60.0GB Have Adobe PhotoShop CS 8.0 Witch is running fine, I just installed PS CS2 Upgrade from the CD Which is Registered, 2 problems 1st one I go to Help/Updates trying to connect to the internet for updates in Photoshop CS2 a dialog box comes up saying, (No connection please check your internet settings and/or firewall Waiting for Connection), But my Internet connection is working just fine, The Registration and Activation buttons are grayed out.

2en problem when I minimize ImageReady & Photoshop down to the task bar and then try to bring PS CS2 back up it doesn’t! move but if I right click and click on Restore or maximize it comes up and when I click on ImageReady it works fine can any one help me?
Thank you,
Dick
HA
Hans_Aikema
May 31, 2005
I’m also having trouble using the updates feature of CS2. I installed the Internation English version of CS2 Premium.
The Adobe Updater shows the same connection error Richard mentions. Strangely enough, although I have an English version and chose English in every possible language selection dialog the error message (No connection etc. etc.) shows in Dutch (Geen verbinding. Controleer de internet- of firewallinstellingen. Wachten op verbinding….) (my location is NL, but the OS is English as well)

Running CS2 premium on a Win2K Adv. Server UK with all MS updates in place. The system has Routing and remote access enabled, 2 NICs (1 connected to my LAN and 1 connected to the ADSL modem), internet access is provided by a persistent VPN connection established on the interface connected to the ADSL modem. LAN-traffic is routed to the internet through NAT.

Network monitor shows no sign of network traffic whatsoever when starting the Adobe Updater, so I’m wondering how it determines that I’m not connected (Activation over the internet during installation of CS2 worked without any problem)
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 1, 2005
Update auto-localizes based on the OS setting (it’s a multilingual binary).
HA
Hans_Aikema
Jun 12, 2005
After a fresh install of Wn2K I had updates working for a while, however after some issues in Routing and Remote Access (one of my Network interfaces disappeared from Routing and Remote Access) I reconfigured Routing and Remote Access (Disabled it and afterwards Enabled it and went through the entire configuration).

After this reconfiguration all of a sudden also the Adobe Autoupdate fails again. All other network connectivity is still working, it again only Adobe telling me there is no connection

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections