D
Posted By
Dave
Oct 21, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My Fujifilm Finepix S9600 suddenly decided all my XD Cards are not readable and can not format any of it because of an ‘error’. In the mean time, I can still read and edit the cards by using the card reader. Any suggestion how to overcome this problem?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
fillyflash
Oct 21, 2010
Did you try to format using the camera format function, Try in another camera? Format in another camera?
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:57:02 +0200, Dave wrote:

My Fujifilm Finepix S9600 suddenly decided all my XD Cards are not readable and can not format any of it because of an ‘error’. In the mean time, I can still read and edit the cards by using the card reader. Any suggestion how to overcome this problem?
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 21, 2010
Dave found these unused words:

Can’t speak for Fuji, but many digitals will not format a card that has been formatted by a computer in a different FAT system.

Some will not format on batteries, though they would erase and ‘reformat’ a ‘good’ card. If you have either AC adapter or fresh, fresh batteries, try the camera’s function menu to format.

IF you have a card the camera recognizes, then LOOK at what the properties are in your card reader.

IF you have ‘edited and formatted’ in the reader to, say, "NTFS" and the good card is FAT32, use the reader to format the ‘bad’ cards to that mode.

OTW, RTFM and check with Fuji support.
D
Dave
Oct 22, 2010
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:26:47 -0400, wrote:

Did you try to format using the camera format function, Try in another camera? Format in another camera?
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:57:02 +0200, Dave wrote:

Thank you for the idea:-). I do have another Fuji as well, and honestly I never thought of it. Thanks again.
D
Dave
Oct 22, 2010
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:28:54 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Can’t speak for Fuji, but many digitals will not format a card that has been formatted by a computer in a different FAT system.

Some will not format on batteries, though they would erase and ‘reformat’ a ‘good’ card. If you have either AC adapter or fresh, fresh batteries, try the camera’s function menu to format.

IF you have a card the camera recognizes, then LOOK at what the properties are in your card reader.

IF you have ‘edited and formatted’ in the reader to, say, "NTFS" and the good card is FAT32, use the reader to format the ‘bad’ cards to that mode.

Thanks for what you suggested. I always only format in my camera but suddenly it does not regocnise the cards. Like you said, I’ll check with Fuji’s support, if formatting in another Fuji does not serve the purpose. Sorry for the late reply, but only now getting back on Internet.

PS.
Problem certainly is in the camera. Cards can still be edited on PC.
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 22, 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:28:54 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Thanks for what you suggested. I always only format in my camera but suddenly it does not regocnise the cards. Like you said, I’ll check with Fuji’s support, if formatting in another Fuji does not serve the purpose. Sorry for the late reply, but only now getting back on Internet.

PS.
Problem certainly is in the camera. Cards can still be edited on PC.

As said, some cameras do -=not=- like the pc’s ‘editing’ and will suddenly fail to recognize the card. My Minolta is one such.

Seems they have placed a hidden directory and the pc fails to see it in the assignment table and overwrites – that’s my Dimage7, anyway.
D
Dave
Oct 23, 2010
As said, some cameras do -=not=- like the pc’s ‘editing’ and will suddenly fail to recognize the card. My Minolta is one such.

Seems they have placed a hidden directory and the pc fails to see it in the assignment table and overwrites – that’s my Dimage7, anyway.

Well… I assume the possibility does exist
that I have to buy new cards
but the benefit of having advising friends
like you guys, can not be compared

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections