IW
Posted By
Ian_Wigston
Aug 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am currently using Adobe CS3 Design Premium with Windows XP Pro as the operating system. The computer is a self build and has 2GB of RAM, 450GB of onboard HD storage and 6x500GB of external HD storage.

As a photographer I frequently end up with anything between a 100 and 300 RAW images after a days work and convert them to DNG, Tif and JPEG files.
With CS2 I ran an action which opened the image in Camera RAW which then enabled me to make adjustments before opening the image in Photoshop and completing the other elements of the action. Since upgrading to CS3 I have been unable to create a similar action and having read the "knowledge based" information and looked through the topics in the forum have failed to find anything that is of help. As each image and the conditions under which it has been taken differ it is quite important to make corrections in Camera RAW before completing the action in Photoshop and fixed settings applied by Camera RAW would be inappropriate.

It is always possible that I am making a fundamental error in writing the action but given my previous experience it seems unlikely. Incidentally I usually bring up the images in Bridge and then select the best images to process and start the action from Bridge.

I should be very grateful for any help in resolving this problem

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
Jeff_Schewe
Aug 9, 2008
It is always possible that I am making a fundamental error in writing the action but given my previous experience it seems unlikely. Incidentally I usually bring up the images in Bridge and then select the best images to process and start the action from Bridge.

there’s your problem…when you start the action recording from Photoshop you’ll need to actually open a raw image FROM Photoshop not from Bridge. Don’t know if this changed from CS2>CS3, but that’s the only sure way of recording an open function…from within Photoshop. Then in the Batch you’ll still need to override open so the open will open the image with the parameters already set in the image.
IW
Ian_Wigston
Aug 13, 2008
Many thanks Jeff. After hours of experimentation I arrived at a similar conclusion but exactly why it should operate like that is still a mystery.
B
Buko
Aug 13, 2008
Why not use image processor from Bridge you can apply an action to the image if you want to do something to it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections