Posted By
fireman
May 3, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15048556@N05/4574509349/ sizes/o/). The image is transparent. There is a hole in the middle that I would like to get rid of. I tried to make a new layer and copy a small area from other part of the image but when I overlay it on top of the hole area, the transparency got change. can Anyone tell me how can I get rid of the hole?

Thanks,

fireman

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DJ
david johnson
May 4, 2010
as always there are several ways. one is to do what you actually have done already, but merge those two layers together, a 2nd method would be just to clone over it. i personally would probably cut out a section using the marquee, save it to a new layer, then move the same size marqueee over the hole cut it out again, then move the copied layer to the hole you just cut out.

so essentially you are not copying over you are replacing a piece with a piece from somewhere else. then the variation of that is to duplicate that image you have, move it to the left / right , marquee around the dot you want to erase. choose the dotted layer and delete the selected area. using the same selection choose the new layer which you moved, and reverse it then delete

On Mon, 3 May 2010 08:09:32 -0700 (PDT), fireman
wrote:

Hi,

I have a image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15048556@N05/4574509349/ sizes/o/). The image is transparent. There is a hole in the middle that I would like to get rid of. I tried to make a new layer and copy a small area from other part of the image but when I overlay it on top of the hole area, the transparency got change. can Anyone tell me how can I get rid of the hole?

Thanks,

fireman
J
jaSPAMc
May 4, 2010
I believe you need to change the mode of the image, then do your correction, then change back and save a ‘new’ transparent form.

FWIW, when filling, I copy the original, insert the correction under the copy and blend the edges.

JA

david johnson found these unused words:

as always there are several ways. one is to do what you actually have done already, but merge those two layers together, a 2nd method would be just to clone over it. i personally would probably cut out a section using the marquee, save it to a new layer, then move the same size marqueee over the hole cut it out again, then move the copied layer to the hole you just cut out.

so essentially you are not copying over you are replacing a piece with a piece from somewhere else. then the variation of that is to duplicate that image you have, move it to the left / right , marquee around the dot you want to erase. choose the dotted layer and delete the selected area. using the same selection choose the new layer which you moved, and reverse it then delete

On Mon, 3 May 2010 08:09:32 -0700 (PDT), fireman
wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

fireman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections