Posted By
RobertZolto
Mar 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is a simple question, but….

How do I save an image so that it is rotated away from straight up and down. I want to put images on a website at about 45 degree angles, but I can’t remember (or find) how to do it. I can rotate it image, of course, but whenever I try to save it, it comes back straight up and down.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
cjmah
Mar 19, 2009
try use the keyboard control t (transformation tool)
remember to copy it layer or difficult
after it sastify use the keyboard enter button after using transformation tool
F
Freeagent
Mar 19, 2009
Ctrl + T (free transform) or Edit > Transform > Rotate. I think what cjmah tries to point out is that the image canvas is not affected by this – it’ll still be the same shape and orientation. So rotating the content will a) cut the corners and b) leave the old corners with opaque background color.

You need to expand the canvas, and put the image on a new layer. Then delete the background. Your rotated image is now surrounded by a larger, transparent rectangle. Save to a format that supports transparency, such as PNG or GIF, but not JPG.

You probably used the OpenGL rotate canvas feature, which is a video card feature that only affects the on-screen rendering. It doesn’t change the file.
P
Phosphor
Mar 19, 2009
Terminology lesson for the day; it’s an important distinction:

Rotate vs. Skew

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections