Need Free transform help matching images.

C
Posted By
cobraii
Jul 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What are the tricks to do this easily.
I have 1 image that I have 2 copies of at different sizes. ( different effects applied for different reasons )
I now want to combine the images. These are large images. 500 MB My normal procedure is to drag the larger on top of the smaller and cut the layers opacity to 50% then free transform until it matches. Unfortunately when you zoom in to get the images aligned exactly you no longer have the transform frame visible to adjust.
Is there an easier way to get them aligned.
These are portraits.
thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jul 20, 2004
Before I attempt to figure out why you’re using Free Transform to line up two images, I’m very curious to know why you didn’t just create two layers within the same image.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 20, 2004
One thing you can do instead of using the "handles" is to use the Options Bar. Click the Link icon to constrain, then click on Width. Use the up and down arrow keys to enlarge or reduce. Holding down Shift scales by 10% steps. You can also input pixel dimensions.

Another thing that might help is to go to Window>Arrange>New Window for… This will give you a duplicate window of the document. You can have one zoomed in and the other zoomed out. Whatebver you do in one window you will also see in the other.
C
cobraii
Jul 20, 2004
If there is a better way than free transform I’m all for it. Why is not important. Here is what I have.
2 files of the same image, different file sizes and not perfectly aligned Horz or vertically. Different effects on both that cannot be reproduced, but I need to blend the 2 images together. How best to align the 2 in one image each on a separate layer?
R
Ram
Jul 20, 2004
2 files of the same image, different file sizes and not perfectly aligned Horz or vertically.

If understand you correctly, these images are no longer at the same resolution, and you need to scale one of them in order to match the other one. That’s going to be tough, no matter what route you take.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
I would start by changing one of them to match the size and resolution of the other, before trying to combine them in the same file.
P
progress
Jul 20, 2004
using difference as a layer rather than transparancy allows for bang on pixel matching…doesnt solve the problem of those damned handles being 200 yd’s away at zoomed in %’s though…ALTHOUGH A USER OPTION WOULD! HINT HINT ADOBE FR DEPT (for the x’000th time of asking!)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections