OS
Posted By
Otto_Sch
Feb 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just created a panorama out of 4 jpegs (together about 33MB) and saved it as jpeg. Now I want to create another panorama out of 10 jpegs (together about 73MB), it worked fine, but I can’t save it in jpg format. CS3 only offers .psb, raw or tif. So whatswrong or did i miss something?

Otto

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 17, 2009
Remember that JPEG only supports 8 bits/channel, and has a size limit (I think 32,000 pixels across or down).
OS
Otto_Sch
Feb 17, 2009
The original jpegs were all 8bit (created with LR from Canon raw). My resolution for the moment: saving within CS3 as tif, open the tif with my freeware viewer Faststone and saving it as a jpeg (size is 39033 x 2710 pixel). Even this, opening the tif and saving as jpeg is not possible within CS3. So what is the problem?
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 17, 2009
The Photoshop JPEG implementation has a size limit of 32,000 pixels across or down. Other JPEG encoders might handle up to 65,000 pixels across or down.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections