Posted By
Sarah Beth
Oct 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I’m about to throw my computer out the window. I’m having a problem with photoshop 6 right now. Basically I have 2 images (one is a background and one is a logo) I’m trying to transfer the logo into the background so I can work on the image together. Thing is as soon as I go to new layer in the background it "cuts" part of the background image. Not like it cuts the full section so leaves a transparent bit but it deletes the last colour I put into that image and leaves me with the previous colours.

Help!

Sarah x

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mike Russell
Oct 27, 2003
Sarah Beth wrote:
Hi all,

I’m about to throw my computer out the window. I’m having a problem with photoshop 6 right now. Basically I have 2 images (one is a background and one is a logo) I’m trying to transfer the logo into the background so I can work on the image together. Thing is as soon as I go to new layer in the background it "cuts" part of the background image. Not like it cuts the full section so leaves a transparent bit but it deletes the last colour I put into that image and leaves me with the previous colours.

No need to toss your computer. One explanation for what you’re seeing is that you painted or otherwise put your new colors onto the upper "logo" layer instead of the background one.

Click on the "eye"-cons in the layer palette to sort this out. If that’s indeed what happened, use the lasoo tool to cut and paste your work to a new layer, move that layer just above the background layer. Then use the "Merge Down" command in the layer palette to put the bits where they belong.

Mike Russell
http://www.curvemeister.com
http://www.zocalo.net/~mgr
http://geigy.2y.net
SB
Sarah Beth
Oct 28, 2003
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Sarah Beth wrote:
Hi all,

No need to toss your computer. One explanation for what you’re seeing is that you painted or otherwise put your new colors onto the upper "logo" layer instead of the background one.

Click on the "eye"-cons in the layer palette to sort this out. If that’s indeed what happened, use the lasoo tool to cut and paste your work to a
new
layer, move that layer just above the background layer. Then use the
"Merge
Down" command in the layer palette to put the bits where they belong.

That didnt work. It made the image turn greyscale but thankfully a friend managed to sort it out for me!

Thanks though!

Sarah x
Z
zuuum
Oct 29, 2003
Make sure both layers are created with the same mode and color palette, if they were created as
seperate images to start with.

"Sarah Beth" <sarah@(deletethisbit)sarah-beth.co.uk> wrote in message
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Sarah Beth wrote:
Hi all,

No need to toss your computer. One explanation for what you’re seeing
is
that you painted or otherwise put your new colors onto the upper "logo" layer instead of the background one.

Click on the "eye"-cons in the layer palette to sort this out. If
that’s
indeed what happened, use the lasoo tool to cut and paste your work to a
new
layer, move that layer just above the background layer. Then use the
"Merge
Down" command in the layer palette to put the bits where they belong.

That didnt work. It made the image turn greyscale but thankfully a friend managed to sort it out for me!

Thanks though!

Sarah x

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections