Posted By
michael_salmons
Jan 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good morning,

I have been merrily taking screen shots for a recent work project, pasting them into Photoshop, adding a touch of sharpening via Highpass filter, and printing them to PDF. suddenly, with the most recent print, I am greeted for the first time with the message "Some PostScript specific print settings (Interpolation, Calibration, Encoding) will be ignored since you are printing to a non-PostScript printer." I also noticed all of my other prints to pdf were 72 dpi, suddenly this one is 121 PPI. The PDF is black and white, although the original document is full color, and it has the moire pattern of a scan taken at the wrong resolution, a pattern of little squares all over.

Every PDF I save from Photoshop is like this now, filters or no.

What the heck happened? How can I get my pdfs back?

Is this a bug?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MS
michael_salmons
Jan 20, 2009
OK, it’s working again- I have no idea if what I did fixed or it’s just a coincidence. Or which of the following fixed it.

I realized I had a huge number of documents in the Adobe PDF printer’s queue, so I cleared those first.

I took the Adobe PDF printer offline, bumped up the available memory for postscript to 6000 in its properties, then brought it back online.

Voila, it’s making color PDFs again.

Thought you’d want to know.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections