R
Posted By
Rob
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have for about a week tried everything I know (which may not be much) and the B&W prints come out with a blue tint.
Set up .. Canon i950, PE2. Trued with Canon, Kodak and Red River Papers (all photo matt). Tried with color settings to no color and full color management. Tried with and without greyscale selected. From the original jpg saved to psd before any adjustments. Adjusted with a levels layer adjustment then using Lynches plug ins did the channel seperations .. saved the green channel to another jpg.
Another try was with levels layer then with enhance color remove .. Another try was with no adjustmens just color remove .. have run PE gama several times but I would think with just using the color remove it would not mater what the screen looked like ..

I have also done this and on the resaved jpg (new one from the psd .. not overwriting the original) used the canon supplied print utility ..

The only thing left that I know of is to replace the ink cartridges (I did need to replace the photo cyan, yellow and photo magenta as they were used up and replaced them with cartridges from a supplier other than canon .. I am on my way out the door to get a new set of "Canon" brand cartridges ..

Ideas please … did I miss something .. or what is it I don’t really understand ..

Thanks

Rob.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MG
Michael Garcia
Nov 12, 2003
Rob – are you using Windows XP?

"Rob" wrote in message
I have for about a week tried everything I know (which may not be much) and the B&W prints come out with a blue tint.
Set up .. Canon i950, PE2. Trued with Canon, Kodak and Red River Papers (all photo matt). Tried with color settings to no color and full color management. Tried with and without greyscale selected. From the original jpg saved to psd before any adjustments. Adjusted with a levels layer adjustment then using Lynches plug ins did the channel seperations .. saved the green channel to another jpg.
Another try was with levels layer then with enhance color remove .. Another try was with no adjustmens just color remove .. have run PE gama several times but I would think with just using the color remove it would not mater what the screen looked like ..

I have also done this and on the resaved jpg (new one from the psd .. not overwriting the original) used the canon supplied print utility ..
The only thing left that I know of is to replace the ink cartridges (I did need to replace the photo cyan, yellow and photo magenta as they were used up and replaced them with cartridges from a supplier other than canon .. I am on my way out the door to get a new set of "Canon" brand cartridges ..

Ideas please … did I miss something .. or what is it I don’t really understand ..

Thanks

Rob.
R
Rob
Nov 12, 2003
Michael Garcia wrote:
Rob – are you using Windows XP?

"Rob" wrote in message

Thanks

Rob.
Yes I am. (you’re thinking it has something to do with the XP driver being used instead of the the Canon driver ??). I’m tending to think it is related to the ink. Two things have occured, I have replaced several cartridges with non Canon ink and the Cyan is reporting low. I do have in my stack of proofs some black and white prints. The photo itself needed some adjsustment but the print did show B&W. They were done with Canon Ink. I’m also looking into the B&W printing cartridges from Cone and dyson, available for Epson not for Canon.

Rob.
MG
Michael Garcia
Nov 12, 2003
Rob –

I wrote some techniques for the Canon i850 that might help with the i950 even though the i950 has more ink cartridges. Using my steps as a base might get you better results.

Go to the following link and look for my two postings there. Let me know how it works out for you!

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=006PHH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections