A
Posted By
andreleon
Dec 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, Unable using the Rotate view tool . I always get this message :"Could not complete your request because of a program error" . Can’t use the hand tool either . Thanks for your help .

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Dec 18, 2008
Try resetting your preferences as described in the FAQ.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.

This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.

A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.
A
andreleon
Dec 18, 2008
Thanks John, I tried all these methods .They did not cure the problem .I wish I had not to uninstall/reinstall CS4 because of all the plug-ins .
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 18, 2008
andreleon,

John suggested that uninstalling/reinstalling wouldn’t reset the preferences, so for that matter, it meant that it isn’t necessary.

As for external Plug-ins, it is a good idea to put external plug-ins (not the ones that are installed by PS) in a separate directory.

Then from PS preferences point to them. This way they don’t risk getting dragged down on a complete uninstall.

Another advantage is that you don’t have to move them about with every new version of PS. Just point PS to that directory.

A good place would be in your Documents tree.

Rob
A
andreleon
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks Rob.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections