LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image with a long history palette. I have been working with a burn tool. Accidentally I bumped the keyboard, and up comes the image with a new History State, just the Burn Tool with the History Brush. one line. I have none of the others. So, I dump that one in the garbage can. Slight name change but still the Burn Tool Histoy State. I notice the same statement on a second bar at the top, and the same bar having the minimize etc buttons. So, I click the lower bar, now I have an image with all the history states. I save the History state version and exit that screen. Now when I open the History tab, it opens behind the image! I reopen the saved History State image, same thing. All I can do is save the work, exit PS and start it again. The behavior is normal now, but of course minus the history states.

WTF did I hit to start it off in the first place, and what is it’s reason for existing at all?

This damn CS4 is too clever for our own good, IMO.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 7, 2008
duplicate image? or snapshot or something like that?
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 7, 2008
It seems to be that, but with duplicate images in CS3, you simply delete them with no change to the original. In this case, it seems to assert some precedence over the original.

Since I still am not sure if this installation is at all correct, I would like to know how to replicate it on my other machine.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections