PM
Posted By
Pavel_Muller
Nov 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
There is a huge number of how to tutorials and books on the web in the books etc. What I really want is a reference manual where each command/feature is explained and options defined in the way manuals used to be written. I have some Scott Kelby books and others, but they all tell you how top do this and that, but I would really like to understand better what I am doing and then I will not need so much the how to books. Is there nothing like that available? Please tell me there is. Pavel

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PM
Pavel_Muller
Nov 15, 2008
Thank you very much. This is very helpful, although it would be nice to have a bit more detail. Is there something more detailed available? . Thanks again. Pavel
JM
J_Maloney
Nov 15, 2008
Pavel, the PDF version of the html is over 700 pages. But here’s another reference text < http://www.amazon.com/Real-World-Adobe-Photoshop-CS3/dp/0321 518683/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=122672318 9&sr=8-1> I would recommend. You probably should wait until the CS4 version comes out (which will undoubtedly be very soon). From this listing < http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps& amp;field-keywords=real+world+photoshop&x=0&y=0>, I’d say they might be breaking the book up into parts… It was a bible.

J
JK
Jerome_Knyszewski
Nov 15, 2008
without a doubt, my best purchase was Martin Evening’s books.

highy recommend them.
PM
Pavel_Muller
Nov 17, 2008
Thank you very much J Maloney. I really got into the Adobe reference that you gave me a link for. It is great! I finally understand what is the difffernce between objects and adjustment layers and masks. I think I get the concept of channels as well. Suddenly Kelby’s books are not just inexplicable sequence of buttons pressed. I actually at least in part understand (I think) on a conceptual level what is happening. This is an important breakthrough for me – the biggest since I have been able to calibrate my system and being able to sofproof the photos, so that in strong Solux (white) lighting I get images in print that are very similar to those on my monitor, when I put the two next to each other. I now beleive I will be able to learn to use PS reasonably effectively over time. I appreciate your help.

I also appreciate your most recent suggestion and your endorsement Jerome as well. I purchased the CS3 version of the Bible. I will see how well this will serve me. If I find that I need more or if I will not be able to breach the gap between CS 3 and 4 (I suspect I will be able to), I will get the reference you two suggest.

I am very appreciative of your help. PS is a challenge for me and you kicked me in the right direction. Pavel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections