HE
Posted By
Hugh_Eagle
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have upgraded from PS 6 to PS CS and have been disappointed to find there is no Quick Reference Guide either on a card or on the CD.

I have downloaded the excellent PSCSKeyboardShortcuts.pdf file referred to elsewhere on the web but this does not seem to include any details of keyboard+click and keyboard+drag combinations which are so common in PS.

Is any guide including these combinations (similar to the guide distributed with PS 6) available from Adobe or elsewhere? Failing that, is it possible to download the PS 7 Quick Reference Guide?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

HE
Hugh_Eagle
Apr 29, 2004
It seems there should be a Quick Reference Card for PS CS, after all:- On the CD there is a file called "Welcome ReadMe.pdf" which says: "For your convenience, a PDF version of the User Guide and Quick Reference Card are included with Photoshop."

I can find the User Guide but not the Quick Reference Card. Can anyone tell me where I can find this, please?
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 29, 2004
I think the ommission of the QRC was due to the fact that the keyboard shortcuts are completely customizable.

Bob
L
LenHewitt
Apr 29, 2004
Hugh,

You can print the shortcuts:

In Illustrator CS, in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, choose Export Text…

In InDesign CS, in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, choose Show Set…

In Photoshop CS, in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, choose Summarize…

Slightly different interfaces, but you can print them out of each application.
HE
Hugh_Eagle
Apr 30, 2004
Are you saying that the Welcome ReadMe file was wrong and that Adobe have in fact forgotten to provide a QRC "for my convenience". That’s rather careless of them!

I think the ommission of the QRC was due to the fact that the keyboard shortcuts are completely customizable.

…. but the QRC for PS 6 described far more than mere keyboard shortcuts; it gave considerable detail about the effect of different kinds of clicks (with or without keyboard modifiers) in different contexts.

In Photoshop CS, in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog, choose Summarize…

This only seems to give a list of shortcuts for selections from menus and from the toolbox. This is presumably because it is restricted to the shortcuts that can be customised.

Obviously, the QRC for PS 6 is quite useful, but a lot has changed since then so I assume that (in the absence of a QRC for PS CS) a copy of the QRC for PS 7 would be a useful tool for people like me who have upgraded from earler versions. Which brings me back to my original question: is it possible to download a pdf copy of the QRC for PS 7?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections