RA
Posted By
Roger_A_Hall
Oct 18, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

1)When I view the same raw file with both Lightroom 2 & Photoshop CS3 the PS version is darker with a slight colour shift. All metadata synchronised & ACR 4.5

2) When I export a photo (from LR)as TIFF (with profile) this same photo viewed on both PS and LR shows the same difference as 1 above. When same photo viewed with ADC pro, result matches LR not PS.

3) When I print photo (as TIFF above) with PS & LR the prints from both match the LR display and not PS’s

I use a calibrated display.

What is the problem here anyone? Does PS use display profile differently from LR? which is correct?

Roger

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WE
Wolf_Eilers
Oct 18, 2008
I use a calibrated display.

1 and 2 are typically due to a corrupt monitor profile. How do you calibrate the monitor? If using hardware calibration recreate the profile.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 18, 2008
Also, check the colour settings in PS. They can be set in error. In Lightroom the settings are fixed, so they should be right.

A mistake often made in PS is confusing colour space with monitor profile. Maybe a colour space is assigned to your monitor as if it were the profile.

Rob
RA
Roger_A_Hall
Oct 19, 2008
I recalibrated monitor and created new profile (coloreyes). Using v4 this time.

Now they match (by eye anyway!)

The profile created by coloreyes is perceptual. I read somewhere that using relative colormetric is best.
Anyone enlighten me as to whether this is true and why?

Roger

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections