G
Posted By
googlenospam
Jun 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS8 with scanner HP Scanjet 4200C and HP Precision Lite and Epson laser printer C1100. Always found it impossible to get a good match of a plain solid color, ie from scanner to printer. I’m no expert on hue, saturation etc but in plain english the blue I’m scanning never comes out the same on the printer. Don’t care about monitor appearance: is there a trick to gettng a good match without hours of trial and error please?

back to mono

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
Jim
Jun 1, 2006
wrote in message
Using PS8 with scanner HP Scanjet 4200C and HP Precision Lite and Epson laser printer C1100. Always found it impossible to get a good match of a plain solid color, ie from scanner to printer. I’m no expert on hue, saturation etc but in plain english the blue I’m scanning never comes out the same on the printer. Don’t care about monitor appearance: is there a trick to gettng a good match without hours of trial and error please?

back to mono
Have you created profiles for both scanner and printer?
Jim
G
googlenospam
Jun 2, 2006
Did not have time to look into this today – the printer software is sophisticated but the HP Precision Lite is pretty Lite of course. If anyone knows image scanning software that will allow profile creation of this kind and still link to the Precisionscan, which I assume is the driver made by HP, then I would be interested thanks.

Back to Mono

Jim wrote:
wrote in message

back to mono
Have you created profiles for both scanner and printer?
Jim
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 2, 2006
wrote in message
Did not have time to look into this today – the printer software is sophisticated but the HP Precision Lite is pretty Lite of course. If anyone knows image scanning software that will allow profile creation of this kind and still link to the Precisionscan, which I assume is the driver made by HP, then I would be interested thanks.

Back to Mono

Have a look at
http://www.photogfinder.com/info/library/color-management-an d-printing/-/color-management-and-adobe-photoshop-2/

MH
G
googlenospam
Jun 6, 2006
Thanks Mike that looks a useful site. First I need to get better software for my 4200C, it has no profiling on the screen. Posting in a scanner group

Back to Mono
Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message

Back to Mono

Have a look at
http://www.photogfinder.com/info/library/color-management-an d-printing/-/color-management-and-adobe-photoshop-2/

MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 6, 2006
wrote in message
Thanks Mike that looks a useful site. First I need to get better software for my 4200C, it has no profiling on the screen. Posting in a scanner group

You’re welcome.

MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections