F
Posted By
frankg
Nov 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to get an Epson PictureMate 6×4 ‘personal lab’ printer to print directly from Photoshop – what do I need to have & do in order to get an accurate match from monitor to print. I have a colorvision spyder to profile my crt monitor.

The archival permanence of the prints is great – see here http://www.wilhelm-research.com/4×6/4x6_permanence_preview.h tml And I found a review here
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/epson_pm.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ryadia
Nov 23, 2004
"frankg" wrote in message
I would like to get an Epson PictureMate 6×4 ‘personal lab’ printer to
print
directly from Photoshop – what do I need to have & do in order to get an accurate match from monitor to print. I have a colorvision spyder to
my crt monitor.
———-
Photoshop 7 users get to use Epson’s "print image matching" routine which basically prints using the exif data in a file. CS users will have to hand over the print space to the printer to achieve "out of the box" close to correct colour.

Personally I find my Picture Mate a joke. It is slow, expensive and does not like to be used by computer programs. It prints faithfully from a flash card but try to get it doing the same from Photoshop CS? Well you might have more success than me!

I bought an Epson r310 (r300 in the US) and it is fast, accurate and doesn’t need to be tethered to a PC either. I get the bonus of a "real printer". Running costs are close to equal and if you do event work… The speed of the r310 is very noticable.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections