BM
Posted By
bruce_milne
Aug 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
photomerge insists upon downsizing my final panorama by a factor of about 9:1. i have spent many hours on the phone with tech support but cannot resolve this problem. i have a new system which seems otherwise to work fine. xp pro on asus p5k-vm mobo, 3ghz dual core intel, 4 gigs ddr2800mhz ram. otherwise, cs3 works fine. i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, including with a new program download. during the merge process, i can see the individual images being processed at full rez, then at the last second the program opens the new window for the final merged image, and it downsizes from original height of approx. 3100 pixels to 700-1000 pixels or so, both dimensions by a third or so, overall a factor of 9. unuseable.

has anyone seen this problem? i am beat.
thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Aug 14, 2008
Strange. I have never experienced this, and I spent a lot of time testing this feature for CS3. Where / how are you invoking Photomerge?
BM
bruce_milne
Aug 14, 2008
perfer to launch photomerge out of bridge, but have also tried it directly from photoshop. it will occassionally process jpg’s, but will not merge dng or mrw (minolta) at full rez. i have also opened and saved the raw images as psd’s, to no avail. baffled.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Aug 15, 2008
I’d suggest reporting your issue as a bug. That way, you can get specific info about your setup and files to the right people. I haven’t heard or seen this issue before.

Bug report form:

<http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>

One general piece of advice when seeing erratic behaviour like this is to reset preferences. It might even work when a reinstall doesn’t. Note that this resets all of your preferences to factory default: Hold Ctrl-Alt-Shift while launching Photoshop.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections