Posted By
Larry
Jan 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

is there an plugin which uses an algorithm to automatically adjust askew scans of books?
I have performed 100s of scans of book pages and many of them are askew. So it would be easy to do the adjustment in an batch process. As for the algorithm it should be possible to implement something. I just don’t know if it already exists.

TIA, Pieter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
MetaMorph
Jan 14, 2004
Hi.
My old – now defunct HP3200 scanner had some ‘neat’ software which did this on scanning. It was an absolute pain in the arse. There was no way to switch off this feature. I scan a lot of my own drawings and the HP software would always insist that IT knew where the vertical lines on the original were. It looked to be based to some extent on the edge of the page. So to stop re-aligning the scanned image – I had to make sure the scanner couldn’t see any page edges… Even then – if the software thought there was a line in the original which should be vertical (i.e. along the scan head path) – the software would roatate the image to get that line straight…. Most of the time it was wrong. SO – I guess you can get this feature if you want it

🙂
NS
n8 skow
Jan 15, 2004
I’ve only seen this feature in scanning software…
Not sure if it’s still around – but look for a scanning app called Ofoto…

n8

Hi.
My old – now defunct HP3200 scanner had some ‘neat’ software which did this on scanning. It was an absolute pain in the arse. There was no way to switch off this feature. I scan a lot of my own drawings and the HP software would always insist that IT knew where the vertical lines on the original were. It looked to be based to some extent on the edge of the page. So to stop re-aligning the scanned image – I had to make sure the scanner couldn’t see any page edges… Even then – if the software thought there was a line in the original which should be vertical (i.e. along the scan head path) – the software would roatate the image to get that line straight…. Most of the time it was wrong. SO – I guess you can get this feature if you want it

🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections