K
Posted By
Kugar13
Jul 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to make neon signs/text using photoshop?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
Kugar13
Jul 29, 2008
sorry guys, I just found a ton of tutorials on the subject. Please forgive the inconvenience.
K
Kugar13
Jul 29, 2008
I’ve tried deleting this post, but it won’t let me. =(
Sorry again.
BH
BILL_HUNT
Jul 29, 2008
Kugar13,

Do not know which tutorials you found, but let me add a little tip for when you’ve finished creating the glow. If you are looking to mimic ‘neon" tubing, you might want to do a touch of shading on your letters (the "tube"), so that the edges are a tad darker, than the centerline. Also, at bends, etc., add a little white highlight to those points. I’d orient them to follow the centerline of your letter. They can be small, but with the little bit of shading, you can get a nice 3D effect. I also add a hint of noise in the shading.

Hunt
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 29, 2008
nice touches hunt. thanks for the tips!
K
Kugar13
Jul 29, 2008
As always, thanks Bill!!!!
BH
BILL_HUNT
Jul 30, 2008
You are most welcome. We used to have to do this in the darkroom in analog on registered 8×10 dupe film and a few dozen A – B lithmasks plus various soft-focus filters. Imagine my joy, when I first got PS!!!!

Hunt
QP
Q_Photo
Jul 31, 2008
"Imagine my joy, when I first got PS!!!!"
Oh how true, for so many of usÂ…
Q
F
Freeagent
Jul 31, 2008
I sort of miss the old darkroom on occasion.

It was a heroic battle in there – I could spend days, weeks on a single print. I came out with scars…
F
Freeagent
Jul 31, 2008
On second thought I still do that.

But the chair is better.
BH
BILL_HUNT
Jul 31, 2008
Yes, there were good days, and good nights, but I do not miss the frustration of getting a 20-step transparency through step 19 and messing something up.

I felt the same way when I first picked up Adobe Premiere, as I grew up doing film and recall those editing sessions. Trouble was, you really could not see what you were doing, until the lab got you a work-print of your A-B rolls, only to find out that something had slipped on the Moviola. Now, it’s all 1’s n 0’s and you can do things that one never thought possible way back when…

God, I love digital manipulation and editing!!!

Hunt

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections