Posted By
mballom3
May 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I noticed many failure on CS2 softwares, i didnt upgrade to CS3 and iam wondering if it it worth the investment looking how much messy CS2s is to my projects so far. I thought they brought in CS2 to solves the many glitches in CS, but…

1 – Illustrator CS2 doesnt not export to gif. I am working on an e-commerce project having to customize hundreds of gif pictures. I am more fluent with Illustrator than Photoshop plus the many vector tools makes it more useful for this kind of project.

– This forces me to try some complicated workflow where i do the design first in illustrtor then export to .psd so i can simply save out as gifs. This is where i found many other problems:

2- When i open these psd that took so many hours to design, i found out photoshop interprets everything poorly. It messed up all the dimensions and sizes.

3- I set document sizes in Illustrator to small sizes even if i imported in a large picture that i use as background (moving and rotating that background allows me to create many variations of my background keeping the same tone), but the exported psd didnt respect the doc settings and instead of cropping brings in the entire file resolution.

4- I dunno if any of you guys have tried to do anything like selecting many layers and rescale them in photoshop? Or simply select a text layer and resize it in photoshop? really painy. Such a breeze in other applications like flash or illustrtor appear so heavy in photoshop, i ended up losing all the harmony of my works, if not my sanity.

Please if someones have ever gone thru all these nightmares before can you explain me how you found way around it would be very nice and helpful.

Thank you for reading.

PS: Had same problem trying to open some design i did and sliced in Fireworks 8 too, when opened in photoshop CS2 everything where 3 times bigger!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections