Posted By
alessandro_ale
May 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem with Photoshop CS3.

The cursor is often blinking and switching from arrow to the cursor of the tool I selected (selection tool, lasso…) so that is hard to actually activate and operate inside the program.

Also because of this problem, the layer modes menu cannot stay open and switch back to closed, so no layer mode is actually selectable.

I would like to know if anybody had the same problem.

Thanks in advance

Alessandro

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
May 3, 2007
If you have a digitising tablet (Wacom Intuos, et al) make sure the pen is not resting on the tablet when you use your mouse.
AA
alessandro_ale
May 3, 2007
Infact I did think it was a peripheral problem, some input of some sort, but I don’t have any, also it just happens in photoshop.

Thanks for you post
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 3, 2007
From reading other posts I suspect you have a secondary plugins folder, which may be causing the problem.
AJ
Adam_Jerugim
May 4, 2007
There have been reports of similar issues for users that have logitech mouse drivers installed on their system. If you do use a logitech device, check their website for driver updates.
P
Pipkin
May 4, 2007
Ed Hannigan is right.
I had same issue. Just have moved plugins from CS2 to CS3 plugins folders and removed note in CS3 preferences. That’s all. No mouse pointer bug. Need not reinstall plugins.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections