SK
Posted By
Sid_Karp
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I purchased Photoshop Elements 2.0 a short while ago and every time I try to "update" I get a samll window that reads as follows:

————————————————-
File could not be downloaded.
<http://www.adobe.com/special/w…d/WEDBFiles4.awe> An unknown internet error occurred.
21:120
————————————————-

Then when I went to the Adobe Product Update page, which reads in part,

———————————————————— ———————————————————— —
"Adobe recommends downloading the latest Workgroup Services Update to ensure trouble free operation of your Adobe products. This update provides improved network performance and connectivity for all Adobe applications. It also includes the Adobe Studio Toolkit for improve interactivity with Adobe Studio services.

This Update contains critical new components that will improve the network performance of your Adobe applications. ,"
———————————————————— ———————————————————— –

and I clicked on

———————————————————— — "English Windows 4.8 MB 12/03/2001,"
———————————————————— –

I got another window that simply read as follows:

—————————–
This object has been blocked.
—————————–

I filled out the online form to make a complaint about the above problem and the next page I saw after I pressed SUBMIT was

———————————————————— ———————————————————— "We’re sorry! The page you were trying to view is no longer here. If you reached this page from another part of Adobe.com, please let us know so we can fix the problem."
———————————————————— ———————————————————— —

I tried to do this more than several times and I’m fed up with it. My PC has enough RAM, HD space witha 1.7 GB AMD processor, so….. what’s up with all of this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 26, 2003
That’s strange. I just logged on for an update and the message was that there are no updates. I’ve never done any since installing PSE 2, and I didn’t think there were any to be had.

If you are running Elements as a home user, there would be no need for you to get the network updates anyway, and Elements is not part of Adobe Studio – although I wouldn’t bet the farm on that statement. Regardless, I suggest you just turn off the automatic update feature in Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online. You won’t miss anything besides frustration. 🙂
SK
Sid_Karp
Oct 27, 2003
You mean to say that there are no problems with Photoshop Elements 2.0 that do not warrant a fix, or an update? I know of a few. The reason why I clicked on "update" was that I thought that an "update" could fix the problem before I would have to complain.

Apparently, Adobe has problems with their programs and their servers. It is not unusual for any company to have problems. We just get hung up on looks, convenience and averall reputations from those who never seem to have a problem that we begin to think of these biggies as perfect. I belonged to a now-defunct consumer advocate group called CEPA, which was around for almost 40 years and I can tell you about crooked, or faulty. No company is without problems.

So, where’s my "UPDATE?"

Thank you.
PD
Pete_D
Oct 27, 2003
Sid,

What problems are you experiencing that you feel need an update? It is a very rare occasion that program problems don’t get solved right here on the forum.

Pete
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 27, 2003
As Pete asks, what problems are you having?

And, the issue of whether or not there may be a need for updates is separate from the fact there are none listed when I log on to the update site. However, I’m not having any trouble running the software on any of my computers, either, so more information about what you’re experiencing would be helpful.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections