K
Posted By
Ken1606
Sep 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I hope this is the appropriate forum for such a question. If not, maybe someone will recommend another forum. I have PS7 and have been ‘volunteered’ to take over 100 team pictures at a charity golf tournament this Saturday. The Photoshop pro at my office has always done this fun job but he’s out and I get to do it. This will involve taking and printing 100+ photos over 4 hours and having 400+ photos ready to hand out after the rounds. We have always had an ‘overlay’ in red letters placed in the clouds above a team’s heads with a small text box including:
5th Annual Charity Golf Open
September 27, 2003
Tumbleweeds Golf Course – City, St

We have, I believe, set this up as a layer and put it over each picture just before printing. Many players are very complimentary of our donation of time and supplies and we enjoy doing it. Until this year! I looked at last year’s pictures and they are saved without the overlay (pardon if this a misuse of the term overlay). I took one of last year’s pictures and got this year’s text on the picture as desired. It is on a layer and printed correctly.

1. How can I "separate" this text layer and/or save it so that it can be applied over every picture for the day? I would also like to have the text always center horizontally in the picture area.

2. Also For some reason, every time I click on the picture that is the background, I get a new blank layer that I must delete. These new layers, sometimes several of them don’t show up anywhere except that they are just in the way.

3. Lastly, we would like some shortcut to automatically apply ‘Auto Levels, Auto Contrast and Auto Color’ settings to every picture when it first comes up in Photoshop or just before printing. Sometimes over the last year’s we have missed a setting or two and the pictures are not consistent.

Thanks for any help. Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
Ken1606
Sep 25, 2003
Sorry, now I see that "Elements" seems to be a seperate module of Photoshop instead of "elements" as just functions, etc. I’ll move this to the general discussions. Thanks, Ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections