Posted By
WebsiteMadness
May 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All

I seem to be having a problem using the Magnetic Lasso Tool In Photoshop CS3 Extended as when I get half way around an egales beak zoomed in at 66.67% and start to single click around the tight corners the photo is covered over with a white background and the palettes to the right of the Photo e.g. layers, channels, paths becomes white to and all you can see is the paths that the Magnetic Lasso Tool has made around the beak until you click any key on the keyboard but the annoying thing about doing that is that the path automatically becomes selected there for I am unable to draw the paths around the rest of the beak does anyone know of a patch of some kind that will correct this error?

Many Thanks For Reading This And May Be Replying To it.

All The Best. Regards,

Oliver

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EG
Ed_Grenzig
May 5, 2008
I’m not sure why it does this but can’t you just add to, or subtract from, the selection after the screen returns with the current selection closed?

Ed
CY
curt_young
May 5, 2008
If it is really tight perhaps the lines are so close together the tool can’t distinguish one from the other. The pen tool may be a better option. The freeform pen is kind of a half way to regular pen option.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections